Merry Christmas Everyone!! Sorry for being gone for so long!! School has been crazy, and I have literally found NO time to post!! I am back, and I am here to stay! So the holidays are here, and this is what Ive been bringing to Holiday parties, so everyone (vegan and non vegan) can enjoy a decadent and HEALTHY dessert. If you are worried about going to parties with unhealthy, sugar-laden desserts… FEAR NOT! Ask the host if you can bring a dessert, and share this with all your friends to show them that dessert can be healthy and delicious!
So yes, you heard right. Salted Caramel Sqaure. Raw Vegan. It is probably my favourite raw dessert I have ever eaten. EVER!!!! You need this in your life… right now.
this dessert is so simple, and is sweetened with dates only, and a little bit of maple syrup in the raw chocolate! You will not feel sick, groggy or gross after eating this dessert. You will feel energetic and happy. This dessert also fills you up, so you will not need to load up on the sugar laden desserts.
Trust me. This dessert actually tastes better than any other unhealthy dessert on the table. I promise! The hazelnuts also lend the dessert a wonderful nutty flavour, and it almost tastes like nutella if you eat the base the the chocolate top!
I personally love swirling the chocolate in, because you get little bites of chocolate through out the piece of dessert, rather than it just being a layer. You choose what you life best!! It is delicious either way.
What I find so special is how this tastes so creamy, and is completely dairy free. I urge you to make this, you will not be disappointed!!!
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup dates
- Middle layer: Salted caramel layer:
- 1 14 oz coconut milk can, or raw coconut milk
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 T tahini
- 2 cups dates
- 1 teaspoon pink sea salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoon maca powder
- Third layer: Chocolate layer:
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Base layer: Blend the dates and nuts in a food processor into a sticky paste.
- Middle layer: put all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Chocolate top layer: Melt the coconut oil on the stovetop, and mix stir in the cacao powder and maple syrup. Mix until smooth.
- To assemble: pack the bottom layer into a baking pan. Pour the middle layer on the top. If you are swirling the chocolate in the middle layer, than do that now, with a toothpick. I you are making a chocolate top layer, than freeze the pan for 1 hour than take it out and pour the chocolate on top. Freeze the cake for 3 hours before eating.
I hope you all had a wonderful christmas, and I hope you enjoy this recipe!